Dr. Ryan Holbrook
Surgical Oncologist at Cancer Care Northwest
Dr. Ryan Holbrook is a peritoneal mesothelioma specialist with expertise with HIPEC surgery and treatment. He works at Cancer Care Northwest in Spokane, Washington, an asset for patients in the Pacific Northwest.
Cancer Care Northwest
601 S. Sherman St., Spokane, WA 99202
JUMP TO A TOPIC
More About Mesothelioma Specialist Dr. Ryan Holbrook
Dr. Holbrook is a specialist in surgical oncology. He focuses on liver and pancreatic cancer but sees cases of peritoneal surface malignancies. This includes abdominal cancers like peritoneal mesothelioma, which forms in the thin tissue layer wrapping around the inside of the abdominal cavity.
Dr. Holbrook pioneered heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) in the Pacific Northwest. Without his expertise, not many patients in this region would have access to high-quality medical care for peritoneal mesothelioma.
- Medical Degree from Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago
- Residency in General Surgery at Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine
- Fellowship in Surgical Oncology at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, New York
- Fellowship in Pancreas, Liver and Biliary Surgery at Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle, Washington
- Internship in General Surgery at New England Medical Center in Boston
- Certified in Surgery by the American Board of Surgery
- Certified in training of surgical oncology
- Memberships in the Society of Surgical Oncology and American College of Surgeons
- Named to Top Doctors list for specialty surgery in 2021
Get Connected to Dr. Ryan Holbrook
Dr. Ryan Holbrook is the top peritoneal mesothelioma specialist in Washington state. He sees patients at the Cancer Care Northwest hospital in Spokane. His surgical focus is HIPEC and cytoreduction.
Why Choose Dr. Holbrook?
- HIPEC surgery availability to patients in Pacific Northwest
- Named to Top Doctor List for surgery in 2021
Award-Winning Surgical Oncologist
Dr. Holbrook is an award-winning and recognized surgical oncologist. He was honored on the Top Doctors list for surgery in 2021 and named to the Best Doctors in America list from 2015-2020. These are prestigious honors exemplifying Dr. Holbrook’s knowledge of abdominal cancers and compassion toward patients and families.
He completed three fellowships after a Medical Degree at Northwest University Medical School. He began his medical career with a residency at Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine.
How to See Dr. Holbrook
Before reaching out to Dr. Holbrook’s staff, consider talking with a patient advocate. They’ll help streamline the process of contacting a cancer specialist.
Our lead advocate, Karen Ritter, is a registered nurse. This medical background is another asset for patients with peritoneal mesothelioma. Email her at email@example.com or ask for her doctor recommendations through our Doctor Match page. This requires sending your contact information.
Sources & Author
- Ryan F. Holbrook, MD, FACS. Cancer Care Northwest. Retrieved from: https://www.cancercarenorthwest.com/find-a-doctor/ryan-f-holbrook. Accessed: 12/31/2021.