Swedish Cancer Institute
1221 Madison St., Seattle, WA 98104
JUMP TO A TOPIC
More About Mesothelioma Specialist Dr. Eric Vallieres
Dr. Vallieres previously was Medical Director of the Division of Thoracic Surgery and Surgical Director of the Lung Cancer Program at Swedish Cancer Institute. This title now belongs to Dr. Adam Bograd.
The two thoracic surgeons work in tandem to make one of the best mesothelioma cancer centers in the Pacific Northwest region.
He also was an Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of Washington.
“We can individualize their treatment so that I can offer him or her the treatment that he or she deserves,” Dr. Vallieres says in a video published on the Swedish Cancer Institute YouTube channel.
As a thoracic surgeon, Dr. Vallieres sees cases of mesothelioma pertaining to the pleura and near the lungs.
- Medical Degree from Faculty of Medicine Universite Laval
- Residency at University of Toronto in Ontario, Canada
- Fellowship with Prof. Louis Couraud in Bordeaux, France
- Memberships in the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada, Society of Thoracic Surgery, Western Thoracic Surgical Association, General Thoracic Surgical Club, American Society of Clinical Oncology and Canadian Association of Thoracic Surgeons
- Board-certified in Thoracic Surgery and General Surgery by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons
- 2019 Seattle Met Top Doctor Award winner
- 2018 Seattle Magazine Top Doctor Award winner
Dr. Eric Vallieres is a highly trained thoracic surgeon who treats mesothelioma patients. He performs surgeries such as pleurectomy/decortication for eligible cases. He previously ran the Swedish Cancer Institute lung cancer and mesothelioma divisions.
Why Choose Dr. Vallieres?
- Works in tandem with a fellow mesothelioma specialist
- Award-winning doctor recognized in the Seattle region
Dr. Vallieres’ Excellent Patient Reviews
Dr. Vallieres offers compassion and comfort to his patients, evident by his exceptional reviews. He received 4.8 out of five stars from 59 reviews on the Swedish Cancer Institute website.
Some of the most recent were from March of 2021. One read, “This was a terrific clinical visit. All questions were answered promptly and clearly. I would certainly reach out to this clinician should the need arise.”
Another says, “Dr. Vallieres is genuinely concerned about my health. He is personable, communicative about my CT scans, responsive to my concerns, and I am very grateful to have him as my thoracic surgeon.”
How to See Dr. Vallieres for Treatment
Dr. Vallieres works out of two locations: Swedish Cherry Hill Campus and Swedish First Hill. Both medical centers are in Seattle.
Sources & Author
- Eric Vallieres, M.D. Swedish Cancer Institute. Retrieved from: https://schedule.swedish.org/directory/thoracic-surgery/1101-madison-street-157784-788140. Accessed: 01/20/2022.